Survey sites are a great way to make extra income every month. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best legit survey for money sites that pay you via Paypal. This makes it easy for you to receive your cash. And, not having to wait for weeks for the check to arrive in the mail.
Answering surveys is a quick way to make extra cash fast. More importantly, it is something anyone can do. That’s because responding to surveys doesn’t involve any special skill or experience.
Instead, it is based on something you already know and have. This includes who you are, your age, gender, race, life experience, preferences, and many other things.
However, as easy as they might seem, surveys aren’t always a “sure thing”. That’s because many of them as scams and don’t actually pay out any money in the end. As such, you want to weed these out.
The good news is, there are many high paying, high-quality survey sites that are legit. And, these are what we’re going to focus on.
- 18 Best Side Hustle Ideas to Make an Extra $1000 a Month
- Legitimate Ways to Make Money from Home
- 21 Best Side Business Ideas to Start While Working a Full-Time Job
- 9 Easy Ways to Make Money at Home
How to Take Surveys for Cash
Survey sites pay you for your opinion and responses because what you think is valuable.
Large companies like Walmart, Amazon, and even Netflix are constantly trying to understand their customers better. Knowing what their target buyers like and don’t like allows them to stock their shelves with items you’re more likely to buy.
In doing so, this helps them avoid items that nobody buys.
In the case of Netflix, it helps them understand which shows to stream each month. In some cases, produce and create themselves as their “Originals”.
So, these big firms are willing to pay for the information that survey sites and other market research outfits collect.
And that means you make extra cash by filling out these surveys.
So, it’s a win-win-win situation for all three parties involved.
How do you get started?
The first thing you need to do is to register for survey sites. Ideally, you want to register to more than one. This gives you more chances to get matched with the right company.
After you’ve registered, you’ll then need to fill out a basic survey. This covers information about yourself like your age, gender where you live, shopping habits, members of your household, and other background information.
Your profile information helps you get matched with the right surveys.
This is important because companies have their specific target audiences. Some companies target the younger crowd while others focus on those who have families.
For example, Walmart and Target will be more interested in moms who have families as opposed to teens or those just starting out in the workforce. That’s because their biggest customers are parents who buy household products and groceries week in and week out.
In contrast, Netflix’s interest will vary depending on which shows they’ll planning to produce, release, or get rights for. Some shows are catered for young women and teens, while others are for male audiences.
By giving the survey site accurate information, they’re better able to match you with a company that’s interesting in what people in your age group, gender, and other demographic information want or need.
When you do so, you’ll be able to qualify for higher-paying surveys.
For them, your specific demographic, skills, employment, interest and experience allows them to understand other people who are in the same demographic.
The more targeted the survey you get, the higher the payments these companies are willing to offer.
Why Get Paid Through PayPal?
Paypal is the easiest way to get paid online. It’s secure and all you need to provide the sender is your PayPal email address. This keeps your information safe.
In contrast, other methods like wire transfer and direct bank account deposits will require you to reveal more private information, including your bank’s name, location, and your bank account number.
Another important reason why using PayPal helps is that they don’t deal with scammers and illegitimate businesses. I’ve seen businesses with those accounts and PayPal quickly shuts them down.
So, if the survey site is able to use PayPal, you know they’re a legit survey company that won’t rip you off.
Finally, once you have the extra cash in your PayPal account, you can easily use it. You can pay for the things you buy online. Or, you can easily transfer it to your bank account as well.
How Does Payment for Surveys Through PayPal Work?
One of the best things about getting paid through PayPal is that once the survey site or app releases the payment, you’ll instantly see the funds transferred to your PayPal account.
So, you get your money as quickly as possible.
However, it’s important to note that you need to wait for the survey site to actually do so.
Each site has its own rules and requirements. Therefore, the time it takes for you to actually receive your cash varies.
Some of them will do it immediately after your request your payout. Others will need to process through their accounting and other divisions. For these, it can take days. And, for some the wait can reach weeks.
This means the best way to check is to go directly to the survey site you’re using and look for the payment information. In some cases, you’ll need to check with them to know their payment rules as well.
Best Survey for Money Sites Via PayPal
Swagbucks is one of my favorites. For one, it has paid out over $430 million dollars in rewards. That means its willing to pay its users.
That’s key. Some survey sites start to skimp when it comes time to pay you. Not Swagbucks.
Another reason that Swagbucks ranks among the top picks by our readers is that it offers a wide range of surveys. This gives you a better chance of getting matched more frequently.
In addition to answering surveys, you also get reward points for doing other things you already do. These include shopping, searching the web, watching videos online, and playing video games.
Here are a few more useful details about Swagbucks:
- It’s free to register and use
- You get a $10 bonus when you sign up
- Every time you answer surveys, watch videos, or shop, you earn points. You then redeem the points for cash.
- Payment is made via PayPal or Visa gift cards.
- They have a $25 payment threshold. That means you’ll need 2,500 Swagbucks points to request a payout.
- It is available for residents of the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, and Ireland
Survey Junkie takes a very simple 3 step approach:
- Step 1: You take surveys
- Step 2: Earn rewards which equate to points for the surveys you complete
- Step 3: Redeem the points for cash via PayPal or gift cards
This makes it another one of our top picks. Of course, it’s not just us. Survey Junkie also has 5+ million other members making it one of the biggest survey sites around.
As with most of the other surveys on this list, you’ll need to complete some background information to give companies a glimpse of your profile.
Once you’ve done that, surveys will be sent to your email inbox.
As far as earnings go, it can vary quite a bit, I’ve been paid anywhere from $5 to $25 for taking their surveys.
Pro Tip: Make sure to indicate whether you’re willing to take part in phone interviews, try out new products or focus groups. This gives you more opportunities to earn if you can do them.
That said, most of your earnings will come from responding to surveys since you’ll receive them more frequently.
A few more things to know about Survey Junkie:
- They’re available in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia
- You get paid via PayPal or rewards.
- $10 is the payment threshold for PayPal payouts.
Inbox Dollars is another favorite of mine. They’ve paid out more than $59 million dollars to its users. Just as importantly, they’re legit being recognized by Forbes, Mashable, and the Inc 5000.
They also have an A+ rating and are accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
Like Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars offers you a number of ways to earn money. Surveys are on top of the list. But, you can likewise earn points by playing games, watching videos, and shopping among other things.
This gives you the opportunity to earn extra cash not only from answering surveys but also doing other everyday tasks that you already do anyway. So why not get paid as well, right?
Inbox Dollars works with big name brands like Target, Netflix, H&R Block, and Walmart just to name a few.
Here are some more useful information about Inbox Dollars:
- You can get paid via Paypal, check or Amazon gift cards
- They offer a $5 sign up bonus
Branded Surveys is a leading market research community. It works with Neilsen, Forrester, and other well-known research firms.
This allows you to avail of paid survey opportunities just by:
- Signing up
- Answering a few profile questions that will allow them to match you with surveys
- Complete the survey to get points
- Redeem the points
You can redeem your points to cash via PayPal or gift cards.
Vindale is another well-known and trusted survey site. It also comes with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and a 4 out of 5 rating from Trust Pilot.
This gives you the peace of mind knowing that your background information is safe. And, that the time you spend answering surveys and doing other activities won’t be for naught.
With Vindale Research, you’ll be spending most of your time taking surveys. They offer high payouts on high-quality opportunities. Thus, making this a good value for your time effort.
Additionally, you can make extra income from reading emails, watching videos, or referring friends.
Other Things to Note about Vindale Research
- You can opt to get paid via Paypal or check.
- The payout threshold via PayPal is $50. That puts it among the highest in terms of survey sites. In most cases, you’ll be able to redeem your points for cash at around $5, $10 or $20. Sometimes a little more.
- The high withdrawal payout along with good survey payouts makes Vindale Research a better option if you want to play the long game. That is earn a regular income from completing surveys. That way, the $50 threshold won’t really matter much.
MyPoints is another legit survey site where you can offer your opinions and experiences and get paid to do so. They’re owned by the same company that runs Swagbucks. And, have paid out more than $236 million since they were founded in 1996.
This makes them a reliable way to make extra money each month.
As with many of the others, you earn points for completing surveys and other daily activities you likely already do like shopping, watching videos, and playing games. You then convert the points into cash which you can take out via PayPal payout. Another alternative to PayPal would be to get gift cards to major retailers.
Other important things to know about MyPoints:
- The payout threshold is $10 which is fairly low and allows you to quickly get your money.
- PayPal payment processing takes 7 days or less to be released.
Pinecone Research pays you $3 for each survey you complete which is equivalent to 300 points. Payments are made via PayPal.
In most cases, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to finish responding to one. That said, there are some longer surveys. But, you do get paid more for those that do take up more of your time.
One of the most unique things about Pinecone Research is that it’s backed by a billion-dollar company Nielsen. You’re probably more familiar with Neilsen’s TV Ratings.
This ensures that you’re not being scammed. And, you don’t have to be afraid of it not being legit.
From experience, there are a few pros and cons about this survey site.
One big positive is that it’s rare to get disqualified. So, your chances of earning from replying to surveys are higher.
But on the negative end, they’re very picky when it comes to demographics. They have certain criteria they look for based on age, gender, race, education, and other profile factors. So, you may or may not fit into what they need.
Here are some other useful information about Pinecone Research
- Pinecone research is available for residents of the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Germany only, at least as of this writing.
- The payment threshold is only $3. So, you can quickly get your money. Your first payment will be made via check. But after that, you’ll be able to switch it to PayPal if that’s more convenient for you.
- It takes about 3 to 5 days for your funds to reflect on your PayPal account.
Ipsos I-Say is available both on its website platform and mobile app (iOS and Android). The latter makes it very convenient to use since you can just pull out your phone and start making money filling out surveys while waiting in line or at your dentist.
Ipsos I-Say is also one of the most popular survey sites around.
And, you basically earn points for the number of surveys you complete. It’s also worth noting that the length and complexity of a poll or survey also affect how many points you get.
One unique thing about Ipsos I-Say is that it has a loyalty program that’s available in some countries. Basically, you get rewarded for being an active user and taking more surveys in a year. Additionally, they also show you their appreciation for your loyalty by inviting you to more surveys. This means more opportunities to make money for you.
Other useful things to know about Ipsos I-Say:
- Ipsos I-Say is available in more than 100 counties. As such, it’s not limited like most others. But, the number of surveys available varies per country.
- PayPal payments will also vary as the payout thresholds per country is different. In some cases, you may or may not have other payment options due to where you live as well.
- in most cases, you’ll be able to redeem your points for cash (PayPal). But, you can likewise get it in the form of Amazon gift cards, Starbucks eGifts, and other options.
Opinion Outpost gives you two options to receive potential surveys you can join. One is via email which is simpler (less work for you) way. The second is by logging into their website ad sifting through the list of available surveys to see which ones you want to join.
I prefer the email version since you don’t need to keep logging in just to check. Instead, you receive emails a few times a week with potential survey opportunities.
It’s important to note that these are all opportunities. That means you still have to pre-qualify for them. To do so, you’ll need to fill out some screening questions to see whether or not you fit into the demographic that a particular company’s survey is looking for.
Some Useful Information About Opinion Outpost:
- You get paid via PayPal.
- Like most survey sites, Opinion Outpost uses a point system. In this case, each point is equal to 10 cents.
- You need to get to 100 points to withdraw your earnings. As such, $10 is their payout threshold. The good news is that they pay out quite fast.
- Surveys average about 10-15 minutes each.
- Opinion Outpost is available to residents of the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany.
Survey Club is a great way to boost your monthly earning because it offers some of the highest paying surveys around.
One of the things that makes it unique is that you’ll be able to receive surveys, research, and clinical trials to join. You’re also able to test new products and participate in focus groups.
Unfortunately, as you probably already know, there’s less supply of higher ticket gigs. As such, the number of offers or opportunities you get won’t be as many as those you’ll get from the survey sites above.
And because of the type of respondents they need, they’re fairly strict about qualifications so you don’t always get it.
This makes it a good choice as a supplementary survey site that can give you a big earnings kick while the others offer a steady stream of smaller payouts.
As with most of the other survey sites, you’ll be earning points per opportunity you complete. This will be equivalent to cash you can get through PayPal.
While there are tons of survey for money sites paying through PayPal, you only want to deal with the best. This is so you end up wasting a lot of time.
Poor quality survey sites can give:
- Low payouts so you end up earning less while spending more time responding to surveys
- Giving you low-quality surveys which means low payouts
- Infrequent supply of surveys. When there are few surveys to answer, there are fewer opportunities to earn.
- No payout at all. Some won’t guarantee a payment or renege on what’s owed you
You don’t want to deal with any of these.
The list above cuts out the bad eggs and gives you those that give you the best buck for your time. And, getting paid via PayPal instead of gift cards gives you the instant cash you can use in any way you want.